Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Find Joy in the Journey...


I really LOVE this time of year.  I love waking up and opening the door and smelling the change in the weather.  OK OK I know we live in AZ and the "change" in the weather is only about 5 degrees but still I love it, to me it smells amazing. 

 I love the color of pumpkins, I wish we had trees that turned that color instead of what I am looking at this very moment, a palavered,  oh well what can you do at least I can decorate my home with the fake stuff to give me some sort of feeling of the leaves changing.  

This weekend my little sister went to her final homecoming dance.  She was so busy that my mom and sisters and I got the awesome privilege of finding her a dress.  And what a task that was. Now I am not going to lie when I was in high-school if my dress had ANY sleeve that was enough for me but, my little sister is way better than me and so finding a MODEST dress, that didnt look like just a normal church dress or a 75 year old woman, was a mission to say the least.  Luckily we found just the one and she looked so cute.  

I also got the awesome privilege of actually going to the Homecoming Football game at Mt View.  It was a lot of fun and Rubi really did a lot better than I expected.  It was funny though to see all the people that go to the games just to go.  I went to support my little sister who is in the color guard. You Rocked it out Steph!!! 

Finishing up the weekend...
Conference was just what I needed right now, as I am sure it was for most of you.  Its always good to get a refresher on what is good and right and remind me of where I need to be. My favorite quote was by President Monson "Find Joy in the Journey"  that is what I am going to try to do because for me its way to easy to loose my perspective of what is most important.   I will let you know how it goes.  



4 comments:

Full House said...

Chaney you are a good sissy. Conference was good and it is so true we need to slow down and enjoy what really matters. Hopefully we'll catch up soon.

Bret and Julie Burnham said...

You need to post a picture of steph in the dress. I hear she looked really cute. What a nice sister you are to pick out dresses for her.

The Gerard Family said...

HELLO!! Got to your blog through your sister! What a cute family you have and your daughter is adorable!! Congrats on the new one coming in February!! Keep in touch.

The Gotzingers said...

Howdy- Glad I found you guys. My hubby Dave is a good friend of Cory and Scott. Congrats on your pregnancy. Hope it goes well. You guys have a gorgeous family!