Thursday, December 4, 2008

Lately



Well in regards to my last post....I thought Twilight was better than expected...it made me laugh in some parts.  Personally I like my version in my head better, but I guess Hollywood forgot to call me to get my input before they released it to everyone else.  O well maybe next time.  

Now on to other matters. 

Thanksgiving was had.  And boy am I greatful for that.  We were blessed with a two day feast.  The Gifford side on Thursday and then the Lucas side on Saturday.  Thanks S and J for letting us do it at your house.  And can I just give a little shout out to Corys sister who makes the BEST freakin turkey ever.  Now I am not just being biased because if I was I would say the Best award goes to my mom cause I do love her turkey too but seriously Becky you freakin rocked that bird for the second time.  no joke.  

Its funny for some reason I felt the need to write a gratitude post but I have to be honest its been very tough for me to do it.  This year I have had some of the best experiences of my life but in retrospect I have seen some black clouds as well.  Its hard for me to talk about the fact that I have had these trials in my life because I am a very prideful person.  Its very hard to admit that sometimes life just doesn't seem fair.  I really hate being the person to say that because no one wants to listen to the yucky parts of life unless its about "this person I know". I guess its because the reality of trials is not something you want to hit to close to home. 

What I do know is this God does love me.  We are only humans a so we make mistakes.  Unfortunately sometimes they are selfish ones that we don't realize will and DO effect people other than ourselves.  But luckily we have all been blessed with the atonement in our lives and if we want the mercy of God to be upon us we must exercise the principle of forgiveness.  

I want to be happy, I deserve to be happy, I have to forgive to allow these bad feelings to fall away from me. 

But gosh dang it why is it so HARD!!!  I will find a way, maybe not today or next week but someday I will.  

Rubi you are my sunshine...you are my strength. I will do this for you. 
I love you "cube" aka "da hunry"

2 comments:

sue said...

Where to start?

Duh, Rubi. She is so stinking cute. I can't wait to see her sister!

Second, it's funny that you think you are prideful, I always think of you as humble and honest. It's one of the things I love about you.

Full House said...

Amen to what Sue said. You are one strong Momma.

Thank you so much for your help the other day.

Christina