Friday, February 13, 2009

V-Day


HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!!
I know that to many this day has become a commercial holiday and even turns many people off but I LOVE VALENTINES DAY. Lets be honest I love holidays period but I especially love this holiday. 

 It was 6 years ago tonight (the day before Valentines Day) is a little day I like to call mine and Cory's "texting anniversary" Yup you read it right 6 years ago Cory and I spent 4 hrs. texting back and forth.  I can remember it so vividly too.  It was a cold night and for some reason I was at home sulking and sitting in front of the fire at my parents house and I get a text from the manager at the car dealership that I worked at. We spent four hours just joking around and getting to know each other. I know that sounds weird but thats kind of why Cory and I worked so well together we both needed something low maintenance at that point. So texting was perfect.

Well the next night (V-Day) Cory called me up and asked if I had plans and he asked if I wanted to "hang out". (because he was dating a girl and he didnt want her to think they were serious so he canceled last min. LAME) well those words  "hang out" became curse words, to me, for the next 2 years of my life. This is why...Cory and I never "dated" before we got married.  We went from "hanging out" to engaged.  I will leave the rest of that story for another blog.  I must say though if you would have told me 6 Valentines Days ago that this is where I would be today I probably would have had you committed to the looney bin. 

 But even through it all tonight I sit here with my sweet baby and husband sleeping on the couch next to me and I must say that tonight I am content with where my life is. 


3 comments:

Jensen Family said...

i love your story! so funny! and how cute is the pic of your girls :) i remember very clear one time i went to corys and you were there hanging out! that must have been your "hang out" stage :)

Full House said...

Oh my what cuteness. Where have I been? That little baby is a doll. I would comment on you and Corey and the whole V-Day thing but I am just so excited to see this sweet little princess I can hardly stand it. I can't wait to see her in real life.

Congrats!!

sue said...

They are so cute. When are you going to bring them around so we can see both of them in person?