Saturday, February 7, 2009

We proudly introduce.....





Scottlyn Reece Lucas
Born : Feb. 4th 2009
Time: 11:34 pm
Weight: A whopping 8lb. 9 oz.
Height 21 1/2in

We are so excited to have this sweet sweet little girl in our family.  My heart is BURSTING with love for this baby.  She is such a precious little darling. 

So now to document the birth (more for my records than for you, so you dont have to read this if you dont want to.)

We went in at 3:00pm for induction.  Of course we were 15 min late like always.  Cory pulled out the packing check list at 2:45 and started asking me if I was sure I packed (he seriously thought that I hadnt packed yet).  

When we got in there I was already 3cm dilated and 90% effaced.  And so they started me on oxytoxin drip at 4:35 pm.  

I never had much pain up till then but the nurse suggested that I get my epidural because my Dr. usually made rounds at the hospital after he gets done at the office and he would probably break my water.  So I got the epidural at 6 pm.

Sadly my epidural was uneven so I was completely numb on my left side and not really on my right but then I started having back labor only on my left side and even though I was numb it hurt so bad.  I was in so much pain for about an hour that finally the anesthesiologist came in and changed the meds.  After that it was smooth sailing.  

The Dr didnt come check on me till 9pm and when he checked I was at a 4 and before he could use the "hook" on me to break my water...it burst on its own.  And when I use the term BURST I mean full on fluid GUSHING everywhere.  It overflowed onto the floor and made huge puddles.  My Dr. compared it to the movie Cone Heads.  haha I feel bad for my cute nurse who is 5 months preggo herself and had to clean it up.  It was everywhere. 

I went from a 4 to a 10 in 2 hrs. and by the time the Dr. got back she was already crowing.  So I hiked up my legs pushed once her head was out, got a little snippage from the doc., pushed a second time and she was here.  It was amazing. 

So here she is.  Calm, beautiful, and the newest love and obsession of my life!!!


5 comments:

the lucas' said...

Glad she is here, and everything went well. It was fun to have a niece and nephew born on the same day at the same hospital. She's a cutie! Scottie says don't let Scottlyn and Rubi be the only nieces that don't know him!? ha ha Hope to see you soon, get some rest!

Lindsey said...

She is beautiful and what a darling name! I am glad everything went okay...Congratulations!!!! She is darling!

The Gotzingers said...

Congrats!! :o)
So happy for you!!

Girls are so much fun!!

My blog is private now...
Send me an e-mail with your e-mail and I will add you to my list.

bigdaveswife@cox.net

steffielu said...

You know Uncle Scottie's gonna get a big head with a neice named Scottlyn! She's beautiful. Wish we weren't quarantined. We'd love to meet her in person.

Shari said...

YEAH! Just what I've been waiting for. She is a beauty just like her Momma and sister. Cory is a lucky man to have so many beautiful women surrounding him. I really love her name. Hope you are get adjusted at home and getting plenty of sleep. I can hardly wait to meet her in person.