Monday, February 2, 2009


Well this is it...my last real whole day of my life as I have know and LOVED for the last 17 months is about to come to an end. On Wed. I am going to be induced at 3 pm.  

Now dont get me wrong I am very excited to meet this little girl that has been kicking the tar our of her mama for the last nine months.  And yes it will be nice to be able to sleep on my tummy again.  And hopefully my hips will go back into place and stop hurting me.  

But I must say....I cant help but feel like I am going to be loosing something very special.

What is that you ask.

Well I have been thinking about this a lot ever since I got pregnant and I have talked to probably everyone I know about this and they say I will get over it. However the feeling that I am having is about missing the relationship that I have with Rubi.  Wow even sitting here writing this it makes me tear up (darn prego hormones).  I am very sad that what Rubi and I have will be lost forever.  My Rubi is my best friend.  Seriously I spend every waking moment of her life right next to her.  If I leave the room she is there.  If she leaves the room I follow.  If I go potty so does she. Most of my life is spent just watching her and studying everything she does. Her mind amazes me. I love to just watch and watch and watch. I really dont even go anywhere on my own unless she is asleep because I dont want to miss a moment.  She is my lil diva.  She is what has gotten me through this last year which hasnt been easy.  

With that said, I have also had a strong impression that this baby, Rubi's sister, has been sent here for HER.  I know that adjustments will have to be made but I also know that without a doubt that these sisters couldnt wait to be together again.  Rubi needs this baby to come right now and I cant wait to watch these two bond and become the best of friends.  

Well wish US luck in welcoming this sweet angel into our lives.  Say a lil prayer that everything goes well.  

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

Awwwww, I know exactly what you are talking about. In fact even to this day I think about the days when Dylan and I were just the two of us, but.........I wouldn't have it any other way and you will see that your love can be equally divided and now you will just have two people that are in love with you and want to be with you all the time.

I wish you luck and hope everything goes smooth! I can't wait to see pictures. Take care and we are praying for you guys!

Ashley said...

If you thought is was amazing to see your husband as a dad, just wait till you see cute little Rubi as a sister. I LOVE watching Hank play with Abe. You'll be amazed at how far love stretches, there's plenty for everyone.

sue said...

Congradulations Chaney! I know everything will be fine. You are a great mom.

Shari said...

OK, I missed this announcement and now have been checking back daily for the PICS and all the details of the glorious day of ??????'s birth. What lucky girls to get you as their mom.