Thursday, April 2, 2009

whirlwind...

W O W!!! is all I can say. My life has been a whirlwind, which a part of me is grateful for but man its tiring.

We are living with my parents and last week the family went to NYC for my cousins bar mitzvah so Cory and I were so excited to kinda have the house to ourselves. (well mike and kim and the boys were still here but they live in the guest house in the back). Anyways on Cory and I decided that it would be fun to go to Mexico even though the house would be empty because Tues. was our 3rd Anniversary. Well lets just say there was a change of plans.

Cory's dad Bill called us up and asked if instead of Mexico we would go with him to Wyoming for a funeral. And so one thing lead to another and by 4 pm on Sat. (he asked if we would go on Friday. ) we were on a plane with our two girls to Salt Lake.

Now lets back up a little bit. Friday we spent the day at work with Cory as we were running an errand Rubi started barfing out of no where. So picture this. Driving to Phx. on the freeway in the middle of rush hour and she starts throwing up. There was nothing I could do. So I throw myself into the back of the car to try to help her and all I really could do was hold her hand while she continued going for 5 more min. (I didn't know that a 1 year old could have that much in their tummy). So we drive around looking for some sort of establishment that would have all the amenities that we needed for this craziness. Finally Wal Mart came to the rescue so after Cory ran in to get cleaner and then I ran in for some new clothes for Rubi. We were finally on our way. o and did I mention that the smell of throw up makes me want to join in the action myself!!! yucky.

So that night I took the car seat out and sanitized every last bit of it. I am not sure the smell is ever going to come out. So as I mentioned about we live with my parents and everyone was out of town which included my older brother Gabe who is our watchman at night time. (he loves catching the kids tepeeing us) well as luck would have it we were tagged by some vandals. My car and my brothers car both got the windows bashed in. and of course they had to break the most expensive windows on the car. It was so annoying too because they didn't even steal anything (my purse was in the car with cash in it). O well I guess it wasn't as annoying as it was a blessing.

Now I mentioned that we went to Wyoming. Well let me also mention that there was a huge blizzard in that part of the country. Also let me mention that I live in Mesa I don't live in the snow I don't go to the snow I do not own snow clothes for me or my girls. So Sat. morning after the window bashing and police reporting I headed to the only store in town that I could think of that still carries winter clothes in Phoenix in March....Burlington Coat Factory. And yes it did save the day.

Ok so you think that my story could get any crazier....picture this 4 huge luggage bags 2 strollers 2 car seats 2 kids 30 min before our flight leaves (10 min before our flight boards the plane) trying to check in and get through security. OMG is all I can say I felt like such a spectacle. Thank goodness that we were blessed...our girls were angles on the plane rides.

We had a lay over in Vegas. Stayed one night in Salt Lake drove 6 hrs to Wyoming in a Blizzard. Went to a Catholic funeral. Stayed one night in Wyoming. Spent two hours looking for my father in laws parents grave in a Blizzard...didn't find it. Drove 6 hrs back to Salt Lake. Visited some friends in Park City on the way back. Stayed another night in Salt Lake. Visited different friends the next day and flew home. HAHA did you catch all that. Ya.

All in all....my kids were ROCKSTARS!!!! they were amazing the whole time. The only real hick up is that Rubi doesn't sleep on trips and she now has a major cold and fever haha. So we did all of this with major sleep deprivation and with a sick kid.

This months trip....MEXICO so we can actually CELEBRATE our anniversary.

PS Love ya Cory...cant believe we made it to number 3. Here's to 60 more.



Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


5 comments:

Courtney and Landon Fowler said...

Wow Chaney! That sounds like quite the ordeal. I miss you and love your girls! They are adorable! You also look so happy and beautiful in all of those pictures! Still loving the dark hair! Love you!

Smittys said...

Oh my hell! How come we didn't talk at all the whole time we hung out! All I can remember is a bum giving Addy a freaking stuffed animal, some lady stalking my life and the worst parking garage ever! I am so glad we got to see each other.

Ashley said...

Chaney, you are SO PRETTY!

Lucky Lucas said...

hahah eve I love all the random things that happen when you are around...please tell me that you threw that stuffed animal away.

The Gotzingers said...

What GORGEOUS pictures in front of the Temple. SO pretty!!